Operational Subsidies for Regional Dance Centres
Call for applications
29.09.2017 - 02.11.2017
The deadline for submitting applications is 4:00pm on the last day of the application period.
Applications for subsidies may be submitted online during the above application period. Click on the link below to access our online service (the service is available in Finnish and in Swedish only). To log in you will need a Katso ID.
The Arts Promotion Centre Finland requires that applicants familiarise themselves with the call for applications before filling in the application.
The Arts Promotion Centre Finland shall award operational subsidies for regional dance centres to communities such as associations, foundations, cooperatives and companies.
The subsidies shall support the operations of regional dance centres throughout Finland. The aim is to increase the accessibility and availability of art and culture services regardless of the customer’s place of residence or financial circumstances, to improve the opportunities for dance artists to find employment within their profession throughout the country, and to increase cooperation in order to strengthen expertise in the field.
Operational subsidies are discretionary and are granted for one year at a time each year individually.
The subsidy may be used to cover only part of the total funding for operations and cannot cover the full sum. The subsidy may cover a maximum of 50 percent of approved costs. The amount of the subsidy may be increased only on special grounds.
The following documents should be attached to the application:
- A description of the applicant’s basic structures (facilities, staff and funding, basic activities)
- The applicant’s approved annual report and financial statements for the previous financial period
- A brief description of the applicant’s operations and finances in 2017
- A description of dance structures in the region: actors in the field of dance, professional activities, education and training, recreational activities, audience base and collaboration
- A description of the ownership and administration of the dance centre (either existing or to be established)
- The cost estimate and financial plan for the centre’s operations, plus a description of other funding for 2018
- A detailed business plan including objectives and indicators for 2018
- The target statistics for the centre.
- The maximum file size for each attachment is 4Mb.
Attachments may not be sent by e-mail. Applications and attachments will not be returned.
Criteria to be used in decision-making
The prerequisites for the operations of the regional dance centre shall be evaluated on the basis of appendix 1 (objectives, means and reporting). Cooperation with state-supported theatres (traditional/dance) shall be considered an advantage.
The principles and objectives of the regional dance centre’s operations should be based on the memorandum “Regional Dance Centres” ("Tanssin aluekeskustoiminta", Reports of the Ministry of Education and Culture 16:2004).
Additional terms and conditions
Other subsidies awarded by Taike and its arts councils, as well as by the Ministry of Education and Culture, are taken into consideration when awarding state subsidies. Taike does not award multiple state subsidies for the same purpose.
Obligations of recipients:
- To submit after the end of the grant period clarification in writing of how the grant funds were spent, including a copy of the annual report and financial statements.
Grounds for not awarding a subsidy
- If the application arrives after the application deadline. Applications must arrive by 4:00 pm on the last day of the application period.
- If the application is incomplete (if the required information has not be delivered to the Arts Promotion Centre Finland following a request for such information)
- If the applicant has not submitted written clarification of previously awarded subsidies before the given deadline.
This subsidy is subject to the Act (657/2012) and statute (727/2012) on Taiteen edistämiskeskus (only in Finnish); Discretionary Government Transfers (688/2001); Administrative Procedure Act (434/2003). The Arts Promotion Centre Finland monitors the use of subsidies and is entitled if necessary to review the finances and activities of the recipient. Arts Promotion Centre Finland monitors the use of subsidies and is entitled if necessary to review the finances and activities of the recipient.
Submitting applications by post
Applications may also be submitted by printing out the application form, filling it in and sending it by post to the Arts Promotion Centre Finland. Applications must be received by the Arts Promotion Centre Finland by 4:00 pm on the last day of the application period.
Applications should be submitted either electronically or on paper (not both).
Notification of decision
Decisions are taken by the Director of the Arts Promotion Centre Finland. All applicants shall receive written notification of the decision.
tel 0295 330 700