Special subsidies for hyväpuhe-goodspeech project
Call for applications
15.02.2018 - 19.03.2018
The deadline for submitting applications is 4:00pm on the last day of the application period.
Applications for subsidies may be submitted online during the above application period. Click on the link below to access our online service (the service is available in Finnish and in Swedish only). To log in you will need a Katso ID.
The subsidy shall be awarded to one or two multi-art art projects that utilises digitalisation and social media to promote positive alternatives to hate speech. hyväpuhe (goodtalk) is a three-year subsidy theme that will apply to the Central Art Council’s development funds in 2017-2019. Development funds may be awarded more than once to the same project during the three-year period.
The subsidy shall be awarded to a multi-art hyväpuhe-goodtalk project that utilises digitalisation and social media.
The subsidy shall be allocated to no more than two separate projects. Applications should include a description of the project, a list of those who will implement the project, the project schedule and details about any possible cooperation partners.
Special attention shall be paid to the artistic quality and impact of the project, as well as to its financing and implementation.
Special subsidies are intended for legal communities, such as associations, foundations, cooperatives, municipalities and companies.
The total amount of the subsidy is 30,000 euros, which the Central Arts Council shall distribute among 1-2 projects.
Additional terms and conditions
When awarding subsidies, other state subsidies awarded by the Arts Promotion Centre Finland and its arts councils, as well as by the Ministry of Education and Culture, are taken into consideration. The Arts Promotion Centre Finland does not award multiple state subsidies for the same purpose in the same year.
Obligations of recipients
- The project must be launched during 2018, and the subsidy must be used no later than during 2019.
- The recipient of the subsidy must submit written clarification and a financial report of how the subsidy was used.
What to include with your application
- Mandatory: The community’s audited financial statements for the previous financial period (income statement and balance sheet)
- In addition, you may also include up to two attachments that are relevant to your application. The file names should describe the content. The maximum file size for each attachment is 4Mb.
- Attachments may not be sent by e-mail.
- Applications and attachments will not be returned.
Grounds for not awarding a subsidy
- If the application arrives after the application deadline. Applications must be received by the Arts Promotion Centre Finland by 4:00pm on the last day of the application period.
- If the application is incomplete (if the required information has not be delivered to the Arts Promotion Centre Finland following a request for such information)
- If the applicant has not submitted written clarification of previously awarded subsidies before the given deadline.
All decisions are subject to the Act (657/2012) and Decree (727/2012) on the Arts Promotion Centre Finland, the Act on Discretionary Government Transfers (688/2001) and the Administrative Procedure Act (434/2003).The Arts Promotion Centre Finland monitors the use of subsidies and is entitled if necessary to review the finances and activities of the recipient.
Submitting applications by post
Applications may also be submitted by printing out the application form, filling it in and sending it by post to the Arts Promotion Centre Finland. Applications must arrive at the head office of the Arts Promotion Centre Finland by 4:00pm on 15 March 2018.
Applications should be submitted either electronically or on paper (not both).
Notification of decision
All applicants shall receive notification of the decision in writing by 12 May 2018.
tel 0295 330 700