Grants are intended for professional artists or working groups formed by them, as well as for experts in different fields of the arts.Application period: 16.11.2017 - 28.02.2018
Public Display Grants
Call for applications
02.01.2017 - 31.01.2017
The deadline for submitting applications is 4:00pm on the last day of the application period.
Grant application during the above application period may be submitted online. Click on the link below to access the online service (the service is available in Finnish and in Swedish only). To log in you will require eBanking identifiers, a mobile certificate or an electronic ID card.
The Arts Promotion Centre Finland requires that applicants familiarise themselves with the call for applications and application guidelines before filling in the application.
The Board for Public Display Grants to Visual Artists awards five-month working grants to visual artists, media artists and designers whose works may be displayed in public. These grants are available to artists who reside or have resided permanently in Finland.
Public display grants are intended to support the work of professional artists.
Public display grants are not available to applicants
- who have received a public display grant in the previous year
- who have received full-year state artist grants or other long term working grants during the same year
- who have received a supplementary State artist pension
The amount of each public display grant is 8 000 euros.
Please include the following attachments with your application
- CV of the artist (pdf | doc | docx) – mandatory.
- Five images of recent work (jpg | jpeg). Saved on a CD or DVD (jpg | jpeg) when applications submitted on paper.
- A list of the images specifying their size, production technique and year completed
- CV of the artist (pdf | doc | docx) – mandatory.
- A sample/collage of your work as a video or other moving image (max 3 minutes)
- A still image of one of your works (jpg | jpeg)
Attachments may not be sent by e-mail, and applications or attachments shall not be returned.
If possible, save the images and related information as a single file (pdf | doc | docx | jpg | jpeg). Alternatively you can save five separate images (jpg | jpeg) plus a list of the images. The maximum permitted file size for each attachment is 2Mb. Attached images shall be viewed on a computer screen.
Do not send files containing videos or other moving images as attachments. Instead, upload the sample/collage of your work (max 3 minutes) to an online video service and include the link on the application form under “websites”. If you choose to protect the link with a password, please provide the password after the link. You can also submit your sample/collage on a DVD and send it by post (Arts Promotion Centre Finland, P.O. Box 1001, 00531 HELSINKI). Write “Public display grants” on the envelope. Attachments sent by post must arrive no later than 15 February 2017.
Attachments sent by post will be processed and added to Taike’s online application review system. Attached images shall be viewed primarily on a computer screen.
Criteria to be used in decision-making
Factors that may influence the decision include
- the applicant’s prior artistic activities
- the work plan
These grants are discretionary.
Additional terms and conditions
Obligations of grant recipients:
- To take a leave of absence from his/her regular employment during the grant period
- To submit after the grant period written clarification of how the grant funds were used
- To take out pension and accident insurance. These insurance policies must be applied for within three months of the start of the grant period. Applications should be submitted to the Farmers' Social Insurance Institution Mela. Further information: www.mela.fi.
Other grants awarded by Taike and its arts councils are taken into consideration when awarding grants. Taike does not award multiple state grants for the same purpose.
Grants recipients may not transfer personal grant funds to the account of a company or community.
Grounds for not awarding a grant
- If the application arrives after the application deadline – applications must arrive by 4:00pm on the last day of the application period.
- If the application is incomplete (if the required information has not be delivered to the Arts Promotion Centre Finland following a request for such information)
- If the applicant has not submitted written clarification of previously awarded grants before the deadline
This subsidy is subject to the Act (966/2015) on Laki eräistä kuvataiteen tekijöille suoritettavista apurahoista (only in Finnish), the Act (657/2012) and statute (727/2012) on Taiteen edistämiskeskus (only in Finnish); Discretionary Government Transfers (688/2001); Administrative Procedure Act (434/2003). The Arts Promotion Centre Finland monitors the use of subsidies and is entitled if necessary to review the finances and activities of the recipient.
Grant applications can also be submitted by printing out the application form, filling it in and sending it by post to the Arts Promotion Centre Finland’s head office or a regional office. Applications must arrive by 4:00pm on the last day of the application period.
Applications should be submitted either electronically or on paper (not both). Guidelines for artists to apply for a grant
All applicants shall be informed of the decision in writing.
tel. 0295 330 901
tel. 0295 330 700
Subsidies for communities
Avustukset on tarkoitettu sosiaali- ja terveyspalveluja tuottavien yhteisöjen kehittämishankkeisiin.Application period ended: 02.11.2017
Erityisavustukset kulttuurilehdille on tarkoitettu vahvistamaan kulttuurista moninaisuutta, tiedonvälityksen monipuolisuutta ja moniarvoisuutta yhteiskunnassa.Application period ended: 02.11.2017
Special subsidies are intended for operating costs and development projects of international artist-in-residencies in Finland.Application period ended: 02.11.2017
Special subsidies are intended for projects that promote community spirit and everyday creative activities and environments, as well as to support occupational wellbeing by means of culture and art.Application period ended: 02.11.2017
Subsidies are intended for art and cultural festivals that have national or regional significance.Application period ended: 02.11.2017
Operational subsidies are intended to support the ongoing operations of communities in different fields of the arts, such as associations, foundations, co-operatives and companies.Application period ended: 02.11.2017
The subsidies are intended for communities. The objective of these subsidies is to promote inclusion and participation in culture, as well as intercultural dialogue.Application period ended: 02.11.2017
Subsidies are intended to support the artistic and cultural activities of national disability organisations and communities.Application period ended: 02.11.2017
Subsidies are intended to communities operating in region for individual projects in children’s and youth culture.Application period ended: 15.03.2017