Grants for art projects promoting multiculturalism
01.09.2012 - 01.10.2012
Applications postmarked on the last day will be accepted.
The Subcommittee for Multiculturalism awards grants for artists or to working groups formed by them in all fields of art.
The purpose of the grants is to
- strengthen the opportunities for immigrant artists and artists of national ethnic minorities to engage in
artistic activities and take part on an equal basis in Finnish artistic life
- support the multicultural work of other artists and working groups and art projects promoting intercultural interaction in Finland.
The project grants are intended for individual projects to be carried out in the following calendar year.
Images (or other material) of the project or the applicant's earlier work should be included with the application.
The amount of the grant is typically between 1 000 and 4 000 euros.
If the purpose of the grant is to support work, it can be applied for as an artist grant of approximately 1 500 euros/month.
Factors that may influence the decision include
- the applicant’s prior work experience as an artist
- the project’s work plan and cost estimate.
If the applicant is a working group
- The application is made in the name of the working group’s contact person.
- Names and personal IDs are provided for the other members of the working group.
- A short description of the artistic activities of all members of the work group is attached to the application.
- Each member of the working group is responsible for how the grant is spent and for providing clarification.
The recipient of the grant is required to
- implement the project during the next calendar year
- submit after the end of the grant period a clarification in writing of how the grant funds were spent
- take out pension and accident insurance if he/she uses the grant money to work for at least 4 months in a row. These insurance policies must be applied for within three months of the start of the grant period. Applications should be submitted to the Farmers' Social Insurance Institution Mela. Further information: www.mela.fi
Notification of decision
All applicants shall be notified of the decision in February.
tel. 0295 330 700