01.01.2013 - 02.04.2013
Applications postmarked on the last day will be accepted.
The Arts Promotion Centre Finland awards artist-in-residence grants to professional artists.
Artist-in-residence grants are intended for travel and living costs of Finnish artists or artists living in Finland who have been accepted in accredited, long-term international Artists-in-Residence programmes abroad (in principle lasting a minimum of two months).
Grants are not available for
- residencies that are maintained by Finnish actors
- residencies reserved for Finnish artists only
- the following residences: Cité in Paris, the artists’ studio flat maintained by the Finnish Institute at Athens; the Finnish Artists' Association's studio houses in Marbella, Spain, Grassina, Italy and St. Petersburg, Russia; Villa Lante in Rome; the Finnish Cultural Institute in New York; Oaxaca in Mexico, Villa Karo in Benin; and Circolo Scandinavo in Rome
- residencies maintained by any of the regional arts councils
If the purpose of the grant is to support work, it can be applied for as an artist grant of approximately 1 627 euros/month. In addition, the grant can be applied for to cover round-trip travel costs to and from residencies.
Factors that may influence the decision include
- the applicant’s prior work experience as an artist
- the significance of the project
- the cost estimate.
The recipient of the grant is required to
- submit after the end of the grant period a clarification in writing of how the grant funds were spent
Notification of decision
All applicants shall be notified of the decision within 1 to 2 months of the end of the application period.
tel. +358 295 330 700