Last modified: 20.12.2012
Artist-in-residence in Berlin
The Arts Promotion Centre Finland requires that applicants familiarise themselves with the application notification and application guidelines before filling in the application.
Application period: 01.04.2015–30.04.2015
The residency shall not be awarded if the application arrives after the application deadline. Applications must arrive to Taike no later than 4:00pm on 30 April 2015. It is not sufficient that applications be postmarked on the last day.
The Arts Promotion Centre Finland grants residencies to professional artists, experts and their working groups in different fields of the arts.
International residencies are comparable to grants that are awarded for artistic work and internationalisation. Residencies do not include separate residence grants or travel grants.
Residencies are not intended for
- leisure travel
- work periods lasting less than one month
- accommodating family members or other persons
Liebenwalder Strasse 34a, Berlin, Germany
The Arts Promotion Centre Finland has a residence in the artist district of Wedding in Berlin. The residence is situated close to the Seestrasse and Nauener Platz metro stations, providing easy access to other parts of Berlin. The residence comprises an apartment on the second floor of a renovated building dating back approximately a hundred years.
- 66 square metres
- two bedrooms
- kitchen, bathroom and hallway
- washing machine.
Number of persons
The residence can accommodate three persons simultaneously.
Berlin offers a wide range of inexpensive and well-equipped workspaces for artists working in different disciplines. Within walking distance of the residence are workspaces and workshops available for use by sculptors, ceramics artists and prototype makers, for example.
How to apply for a residency
- Read carefully the application guidelines and conditions.
- Specify two alternative residency periods (1–3 months each) for 2016.
- You can apply for only one Taike residency at a time.
- Include a work plan and curriculum vitae with the application
- Fill in the application form, print it out, sign it and send it.
If the applicant is a working group
- The application is made in the name of the working group's contact person
- curriculum vitae is included for each member of the working group
- The size of the working group must not exceed the maximum permitted number of persons at the residence.
The decision shall be based on the
- work plan
- the applicant's prior artistic activities
- previously awarded grants and residencies
Special terms and conditions
- Once a residency has been granted, it may be cancelled no later than one month before the start of the residency period. A fee of 200 euros will be charged for late cancellations except in cases of force majeure.
- A written agreement for using the residence must be signed in advance.
- The person/s taking up the residency must have valid travel insurance.
- A written report describing the work carried out during the residency must be submitted within a month of the end of the residency period.
The residency shall not be awarded if
- the application arrives after the application deadline.
- the applicant has not submitted written clarification of previously awarded grants before the deadline.
Notification of decision
All applicants shall be notified of the decision in writing.
Silja Tuhkunen, Planning Officer, +358 295 330 821, email@example.comLast modified: 31.03.2015