Public Display Grants
Call for applications
12.01.2021 - 01.02.2021
The deadline for submitting applications is 16:00 on the last day of the application period.
Grant applications may be submitted online during the application period.
The Arts Promotion Centre Finland (Taike) requires that applicants familiarise themselves with the call for applications before filling in the application.
Public display grants are intended for professional artists in the fields of the visual arts, media art and design whose works may be displayed publicly. These grants are available to artists who reside or have resided permanently in Finland.
The Board for Public Display Grants to Visual Artists based on a proposal.
Public display grants are intended to support the work of professional artists.
Public display grants are not available to applicants
- who have received a public display grant in the previous year
- who have received a State or other working grant during the same year
- who have received a supplementary State artist pension
- Public display grants are awarded as six-month working grants to be used during 2021
- The grant period may not begin before 1 May 2021
- The amount of the grant is approximately 11,400 euros
- The grant includes a pension and accident insurance contribution in accordance with the Farmers' Pensions Act
The Board for Public Display Grants to Visual Artists evaluates all applications. Grant decisions are based on an overall evaluation of applications. Factors that may influence the decision include the applicant’s prior artistic activities and the working plan, which should cover the entire grant period. The following criteria are used to evaluate applications:
Previous artistic merits of the applicant
- Is the applicant a professional?
- What is the quality of the applicant’s previous artistic works?
- How noteworthy is the applicant in his/her field of the arts?
Quality of the working plan
- How clear and strong is the artistic idea on which the working plan is based?
- How long-term, well-planned and feasible is the artistic work?
- Does the working plan involve professional development, new ideas or methods?
What to include with your application
- Your artist CV – mandatory
- At least one image of a recent work – mandatory
- You can attach to your application 1-5 images of your work in a single PDF file (max. 4 Mb). Include the name of each work, the technique used, the size and the year. Do not send files containing videos or other moving images as attachments. Instead, include in your application a link to your website.
- The maximum size of each file attachment is 4 Mb.
- Do not send attachments by e-mail.
- Applications and attachments will not be returned.
Additional terms and conditions
The grant recipient must
- submit after the grant period written clarification of how the grant funds were used.
- take out pension and accident insurance. The insurance must be applied for within three months of the start of the grant period. Applications should be submitted to the Farmers' Social Insurance Institution Mela. Further information: www.mela.fi
The grant recipient may be employed during the grant period.
Grounds for not awarding a grant
- If the application arrives after the application deadline – applications must arrive by 4:00 pm on the last day of the application period.
- If the application is incomplete (if the required information has not been delivered to the Arts Promotion Centre Finland following a request for such information)
- If the applicant has not submitted written clarification of grants previously awarded by the Arts Promotion Centre Finland before the given deadline.
This grant is subject to the Act on Compensation Grants to Visual Artists (115/1997) (only in Finnish), the Statute on Board for Public Display Grants to Visual Artists (828/2018), the Act (657/2012) and Statute (727/2012) on Taiteen edistämiskeskus (only in Finnish); the Act on Discretionary Government Transfers (688/2001), and the Administrative Procedure Act (434/2003). The Arts Promotion Centre Finland monitors the use of subsidies and is entitled if necessary to review the finances and activities of the recipient.
How to apply
To log in you will need eBanking identifiers, a mobile certificate or an electronic ID card.
If you are unable to use our online services, please contact Taike’s customer service.
Notification of decision
All applicants will be notified of the decision in writing by the end of April. Applicants will be informed by e-mail when the decision can be accessed from our online services. If you do not receive the e-mail to your inbox, remember to check also your junk mail folder. Applicants are responsible for checking their e-mail messages on the address supplied in the application.
t. 0295 330 700