Grants for mobility are intended for professional artists or working groups formed by them, as well as for experts in different fields of the arts, who are residents of Finland. These grants are intended for private individuals and not for communities. Private persons carrying on trade (private traders – toiminimi) may also apply.Application period: 01.09.2021 - 10.11.2021
Call for applications
01.03.2021 - 31.03.2021
The deadline for submitting applications is 16:00 on the last day of the application period.
Artist Professor grants
- Audiovisual arts: 2 grants
- Literature: 2 grants
- Design: 2 grants
- Music: 3 grants
- Visual arts: 3 grants
- who have received other or state working grants during the same year
- who have received a supplementary State artist pension.
- Artist grants may be awarded for a period of ½ year, 1 year, 3 years or 5 years. You can apply for all periods on the same application. You can only be awarded a grant for the period you have applied for. The working plan must cover the entire grant period that you have applied for.
- Artist Professor grants are also available for specific artforms, which are listed above under Intended recipients.
- The grant period begins at the start of the year. Half-year artist grants may begin in July 2022 upon request.
- The amount of each artist grant is 1 980,85 € per month.
- The grant is paid monthly.
- The grant includes statutory pension and accident insurance issued by the Farmers' Social Insurance Institution Mela.
- The grant recipient is obligated to pay the statutory pension insurance contribution in accordance with the applicable Farmers’ Pensions Act (MYEL), which covers also grant recipients. The premium percentage rate is 13-25% of the total amount of the grant. The amount of the insurance premium is based on the recipient’s age and computational annual earnings, as stipulated in the insurance decision. Further information about premiums is available on the website of the Farmers’ Social Insurance Institution Mela.
- Is the applicant a professional?
- What is the quality of the applicant’s previous artistic works?
- How noteworthy is the applicant in his/her field of the arts?
- How clear and strong is the artistic idea on which the working plan is based?
- How long-term, well-planned and feasible is the artistic work?
- Does the working plan involve professional development, new ideas or methods?
What to include with your application
- Mandatory: CV of the artist
- In addition, you may also include two more attachments that are relevant to your application. The file names should describe the content.
- The maximum file size for each attachment is 4MB.
- Attachments may not be sent by e-mail.
Additional terms and conditions
- The grant recipient must take a leave of absence from his/her regular employment during the grant period if the grant is awarded for 1 year or longer. Part-time paid employment is permitted during the grant period for up to 10 hours per week. Full-time employment is permitted during the grant period only for recipients of ½-year grants.
- The grant recipient must submit after the grant period written clarification of how the grant funds were used.
- The grant recipient must take out pension and accident insurance. These insurance policies must be applied for within three months of the start of the grant period. Applications should be submitted to the Farmers' Social Insurance Institution Mela. Further information: www.mela.fi/en.
Grounds for not awarding a grant
- If the application arrives after the application deadline. Applications must be received by Taike no later than 4:00pm on the last day of the application period.
- If the application is incomplete (if the required information has not been delivered to Taike following a request for such information).
- If the applicant has not submitted written clarification of grants previously awarded by Taike before the given deadline.
How to apply
Notification of decision
Subsidies for communities
Operational subsidies are intended to support the ongoing operations of communities in different fields of the arts, such as associations, foundations, co-operatives and companies.Application period: 01.10.2021 - 02.11.2021
Subsidies are intended for art and cultural festivals that have national or regional significance.Application period ended: 02.11.2020
These subsidies are intended for communities. These subsidies shall support the accessibility and wellbeing effects of art and culture and participation and inclusion in art and culture.Application period ended: 02.11.2020