Kirjastoapurahat on tarkoitettu kirjailijoille ja kääntäjille luovaan kirjalliseen työskentelyyn.Application period: 02.01.2019 - 31.01.2019
Public display grants are intended for professional artists in the fields of the visual arts, media art and design whose works may be displayed publicly. These grants are available to artists who reside or have resided permanently in Finland.Application period: 02.01.2019 - 31.01.2019
Grants are intended for professional artists or working groups formed by them, as well as for experts in different fields of the arts.Application period: 16.11.2018 - 28.02.2019
Regional Working Grants
Call for applications
15.02.2018 - 19.03.2018
The deadline for submitting applications is 4:00pm on the last day of the application period.
Grant application during the above application period may be submitted online. Click on the link below to access the online service (the service is available in Finnish and in Swedish only). To log in you will require eBanking identifiers, a mobile certificate or an electronic ID card.
The Arts Promotion Centre Finland requires that applicants familiarise themselves with the call for applications before filling in the application.
Regional arts councils award working grants for 4-6 months to professional artists and art critics in different fields of the arts working in the region.
The Arts Promotion Centre Finland recommends that applications be submitted for only one artform.
Multidisciplinary art refers to cross-disciplinary artistic activities that combine several different artforms and cannot be categorised under any single artform.
Purpose and amount
Working grants are intended to support the work of professional artists.
Public display grants are not available to applicants
- who have received full-year state artist grants or other working grants during the same year
- who have received a supplementary State artist pension.
Note: The grant period cannot be backdated. Grant periods should be used during the year in which the grant was awarded.
The computational amount of each working grant is €1700 per month. The grant includes statutory pension and accident insurance issued by the Farmers' Social Insurance Institution Mela.
Previously awarded grants are listed under each regional arts council separately.
The decision is based on an overall evaluation of the applications. The criteria listed below represent general guidelines for evaluating applications and are applicable for all artforms.
Quality of the artistic activity:
- How notable is the applicant in his/her field of the arts?
- Does the working plan adequately describe the applicant’s artistic approach?
- Is the applicant a professional?
- How clear and strong is the artistic idea on which the working plan is based?
- What artistic challenges or professional development does the artistic activity involve?
- Does the plan involve new ideas or methods or risk-taking?
Scope and impact of the artistic activity:
- Does the artistic activity have local, regional, national or international significance?
- Does the artistic activity encourage a broader understanding art or promote debate about art?
- Is the artistic activity well planned and feasible?
Additional terms and conditions
Obligations of grant recipients:
- To take a leave of absence from their regular employment if the grant period is for six months
- To submit after the grant period written clarification of how the grant funds were used
- To take out pension and accident insurance if they use the grant money to work for at least 4 months in a row. These insurance policies must be applied for within three months of the start of the grant period. Applications should be submitted to the Farmers' Social Insurance Institution Mela. Further information: www.mela.fi
When awarding grants, other grants awarded by the Arts Promotion Centre Finland and its arts councils are taken into consideration. The Arts Promotion Centre Finland does not award multiple state grants for the same purpose.
What to include with your application
- Your CV (pdf|doc|docx)
- In addition, you may also include two more attachments that are relevant to your application. The file names should describe the content.
- The maximum file size for each attachment is 4 Mb.
Attachments may not be sent by e-mail. Applications and attachments will not be returned.
Visual arts applicants should also include 1 to 5 images of their works in pdf format (maximum file size 4 Mb), including details about the name, technique, size and date of each work. Files containing videos or other moving images may not be sent as attachments. Instead, we recommend that artists include a link to their own websites on their applications.
Grounds for not awarding a grant
- If the application arrives after the application deadline. Applications must be received by the Arts Promotion Centre Finland by 4:00 pm on the last day of the application period.
- If the application is incomplete (if the required information has not been delivered to the Arts Promotion Centre Finland following a request for such information)
- If the applicant has not submitted written clarification of previously awarded grants before the given deadline.
This subsidy is subject to the Act (657/2012) and statute (727/2012) on Taiteen edistämiskeskus (only in Finnish); Discretionary Government Transfers (688/2001); Administrative Procedure Act (434/2003). The Arts Promotion Centre Finland monitors the use of subsidies and is entitled if necessary to review the finances and activities of the recipient. Arts Promotion Centre Finland monitors the use of subsidies and is entitled if necessary to review the finances and activities of the recipient.
Submitting applications by post
Applications may also be submitted by printing out the application form, filling it in and sending it by post to the Arts Promotion Centre Finland. Applications must be received by the Arts Promotion Centre Finland by 4:00pm on the last day of the application period.
Download the application form to your computer (availbale only in Finnish/Swedish).
Applications should be submitted either electronically or on paper (not both).
Notification of decision
Decisions for awarding grants are made by the regional arts councils. All applicants shall receive written notification of the decision.
See regional offices contact.
Subsidies for communities
Erityisavustukset kulttuurilehdille on tarkoitettu vahvistamaan kulttuurista moninaisuutta, tiedonvälityksen monipuolisuutta ja moniarvoisuutta yhteiskunnassa.Application period ended: 31.10.2018
Subsidies are intended for operating costs and development projects of international artist-in-residencies in Finland.Application period ended: 31.10.2018
Special subsidies are intended for projects that promote community spirit and everyday creative activities and environments, as well as to support occupational wellbeing by means of culture and art.Application period ended: 31.10.2018
Subsidies are intended for art and cultural festivals that have national or regional significance.Application period ended: 31.10.2018
Operational subsidies are intended to support the ongoing operations of communities in different fields of the arts, such as associations, foundations, co-operatives and companies.Application period ended: 31.10.2018
Subsidies are intended to support the ongoing operations of communities in the field of the performing arts, such as associations, co-operatives and companiesApplication period ended: 31.10.2018
Subsidies are intended to communities operating in region for individual projects in children’s and youth culture.Application period ended: 31.10.2018
The subsidies are intended for communities. The objective of these subsidies is to promote inclusion and participation in culture, as well as intercultural dialogue.Application period ended: 31.10.2018
Subsidies for promoting the cultural activities of disability communities and the accessibility of cultureApplication period ended: 31.10.2018