Grants for artists
Artist grants are intended to support the work of professional artists in different fields of the arts. The grants are awarded for a period of between six months and five years.Application period ended: 31.03.2022
Regional grants are intended for professional artists in the region and/or working groups formed by them. Private persons carrying on trade (private traders) may also apply project grant.Application period ended: 15.03.2022
These working grants are intended for professional artists and other professionals in the culture and creative sectors whose work and livelihoods have been reduced or ceased altogether due to the COVID-19 pandemic.Application period ended: 17.02.2022
These grants are intended to strengthen the working conditions of artists with immigrant backgrounds and those who belong to cultural minorities, as well as to promote cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue and to combat racism through art.Application period ended: 10.11.2021
Project grants are intended to support the implementation of individual projects by professional artists and art journalists in different fields of the arts.Application period ended: 10.11.2021
Taike’s grants for mobility have been combined within project grants. Grants for internationalisation and trips abroad can be applied for twice a year: in spring during the call for applications for regional grants (15.02.2022 – 15.03.2022) and in autumn during the call for applications for project grants.Application period ended: 10.11.2021
Supplementary artist pension may be awarded in recognition of meritorious activity as a creative or performing artist.Application period ended: 30.09.2021
Special Subsidies for Children's Culture
Call for applications
01.10.2021 - 02.11.2021
The deadline for submitting applications is 16:00 on the last day of the application period.
Applications should be submitted online during the application period.
Applicants are required to familiarise themselves with the call for applications before filling in the application.
Special subsidies are intended for communities such as associations, cooperatives and companies. Organisations run by municipalities and foundations may also apply. However, unregistered communities and private persons carrying on trade are not eligible for special subsidies.
You can apply for a special subsidy with one application only. Select the artform that your project most closely involves. If your project combines different artforms in such a way that established artforms no longer adequately describe the project, you should select multidisciplinary art.
Applications and the operations of applicants are evaluated by Taike’s experts. Decisions are taken by the Director of Taike based on proposals by special advisors.
Purpose and amount
These subsidies are intended for projects related to children’s and youth culture to be implemented in 2022 and that employ artists involved with children’s culture. It is considered an advantage if the project is carried out in collaboration with a children’s cultural centre.
Subsidies may be awarded if considered necessary taking into consideration the applicant’s other state support, as well as an evaluation of the applicant’s activities. These subsidies are discretionary.
The minimum amount of the subsidy is 5000 euros. Special subsidies may cover only a portion of the total funding of the project and not all expenses. If the project generates a profit, the recipient may be asked to return the subsidy in full or in part.
Special subsidies are not awarded to cover the costs of a community’s regular performance activities or the normal operations of an art institute, school or other community. Previously awarded subsidies are listed on the Arts Promotion Centre Finland website.
The awarding of subsidies is based on an evaluation, comparison and overall assessment of applications. When evaluating applications, the following three criteria and questions are used, not all of which need to be fulfilled. There is no weighting in the decision-making criteria. The regional distribution and language of applicants are taken into consideration, as is the amount of available funding. Equality and fair treatment are also taken into account.
Quality of the project
- Is the project plan of high quality and are its objectives interesting?
- What kinds of ideas and operating models does the project offer to the field of the arts, artists and audiences?
- How noteworthy is the community implementing the project in its field of the arts/children’s culture?
- Are the community’s staff members or project implementers professionals?
- What international dimensions does the project have?
- How realistic is the project in terms of its implementation objectives?
- Does the community pay wages and fees in accordance with fair remuneration practices?
Impact of the project
- What is the impact of the project regionally, nationally or internationally?
- What is the social impact of the project?
- How does the project encourage an understanding of or discussion about children’s culture?
- What kind of expertise or cooperation partners does the project have in terms of children’s culture?
- How is accessibility ensured?
- How have the community’s finances been managed in previous years?
- How realistic is the project’s budget?
- Is the amount of the subsidy that has been applied for in relation to the scope of the project?
- What is the need for the subsidy in relation to the community’s financial situation?
- What other funding does the project have?
Additional terms and conditions
- The Arts Promotion Centre Finland does not award multiple state subsidies for the same purpose.
- Subsidies awarded by other parties are taken into consideration when awarding subsidies.
- Recipients of subsidies must use the subsidy during the year in which it was awarded. New subsidies shall not be awarded if previously awarded subsidies for the same purpose have not been used.
- Recipients of subsidies must submit written clarification and a financial statement of how the subsidy was used.
- Subsidies are awarded on condition that Parliament allocates the required appropriations in its annual State budget.
What to include with your application
- Mandatory: The community’s audited financial statements (signed) for the previous financial period (income statement and balance sheet)
- In addition, you may also include up to two attachments that are relevant to your application. The file names should describe the content. The maximum file size for each attachment is 4MB. Attachments may not be sent by e-mail.
Grounds for not awarding a subsidy
- If the application arrives after the application deadline. Applications must be received by the Arts Promotion Centre Finland by 4:00pm on the last day of the application period.
- If the application is incomplete (if the required information has not been delivered to the Arts Promotion Centre Finland following a request for such information)
- If the applicant has not submitted written clarification of previously awarded subsidies before the given deadline.
This subsidy is subject to the Act (657/2012) and statute (727/2012) on Taiteen edistämiskeskus (only in Finnish); Discretionary Government Transfers (688/2001); and the Administrative Procedure Act (434/2003). The Arts Promotion Centre Finland monitors the use of subsidies and is entitled if necessary to review the finances and activities of the recipient.
How to apply
Log in and fill in the application online (user interface in Finnish)
You can log in using Suomi.fi e-identification.
If you are unable to use our online services, please contact Taike’s customer service.
Notification of decision
All applicants will be notified of the decision in writing by the end of February 2022. Applicants will be informed by e-mail when the decision can be accessed from our online services. If you do not receive the e-mail to your inbox, remember to check also your junk mail folder. Applicants are responsible for checking their e-mail messages on the address supplied in the application.
Arja-Liisa Räisänen, Special Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org , t. 0295 330 722
Customer service, t. 0295 330 700, email@example.com