Special Subsidies for Cultural Activities in Sparsely Populated Areas
Call for applications
11.05.2022 - 08.06.2022
The deadline for submitting applications is 16:00 on the last day of the application period.
Purpose and amount
- Art and culture projects in sparsely populated areas
- Art and culture projects that promote the inclusion and participation of those living in sparsely populated areas and that take into consideration local conditions and starting points
- Employing artists
- Strengthening accessibility and participation for arts and culture services
- Environmental and public art
- Community art projects
- Developing artist-in-residence programmes
- Developing art and culture events
- Developing cultural tourism
- Intangible cultural heritage sites
- Investments/projects that improve accessibility to art and culture
Quality of the project
- Is the project plan of high quality and are its objectives interesting?
- What kinds of ideas and operating models does the project offer for developing sparsely populated areas?
- How realistic is the project in terms of its implementation objectives?
- Does the community pay wages and fees in accordance with fair remuneration practices?
Impact of the project
- Will the project be implemented, or is the focus of its activities, in a sparsely populated area?
- Does the project promote the inclusion of those living in sparsely populated areas, strengthen services and take into consideration local conditions and starting points?
- How does the project promote an active cultural life in the sparsely populated area?
- What kind of permanent impacts does the project seek to achieve?
- How have the community’s finances been managed in previous years?
- How realistic is the project’s budget?
- Is the amount of the subsidy that has been applied for in relation to the scope of the project?
- What is the need for the subsidy in relation to the community’s financial situation?
- What other funding does the project have?
Additional terms and conditions
- Support awarded by other parties are taken into consideration when awarding subsidies.
- Recipients of subsidies must submit written clarification and a financial statement of how the subsidy was used.
What to include with your application
- Mandatory: The community’s audited financial statements (signed) for the previous financial period (income statement and balance sheet).
- In addition, you may also include up to two attachments that are relevant to your application. The file names should describe the content. The maximum file size for each attachment is 4MB.
- If the application arrives after the application deadline. Applications must be received by the Arts Promotion Centre Finland by 4:00pm (16:00) on the last day of the application period.
- If the application is incomplete (if the required information has not been delivered to the Arts Promotion Centre Finland following a request for such information)
- If the applicant has not submitted written clarification of previously awarded subsidies before the given deadline.
How to apply
Processing of applications and notification of decision
Grants for artists
Artist grants are intended to support the work of professional artists in different fields of the arts. The grants are awarded for a period of between six months and five years.Application period ended: 31.03.2022
Regional grants are intended for professional artists in the region and/or working groups formed by them. Private persons carrying on trade (private traders) may also apply project grant.Application period ended: 15.03.2022
These working grants are intended for professional artists and other professionals in the culture and creative sectors whose work and livelihoods have been reduced or ceased altogether due to the COVID-19 pandemic.Application period ended: 17.02.2022
These grants are intended to strengthen the working conditions of artists with immigrant backgrounds and those who belong to cultural minorities, as well as to promote cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue and to combat racism through art.Application period ended: 10.11.2021
Project grants are intended to support the implementation of individual projects by professional artists and art journalists in different fields of the arts.Application period ended: 10.11.2021
Taike’s grants for mobility have been combined within project grants. Grants for internationalisation and trips abroad can be applied for twice a year: in spring during the call for applications for regional grants (15.02.2022 – 15.03.2022) and in autumn during the call for applications for project grants.Application period ended: 10.11.2021
Supplementary artist pension may be awarded in recognition of meritorious activity as a creative or performing artist.Application period ended: 30.09.2021
Subsidies for communities
Special subsidies are intended for communities, such as municipalities, foundations, associations, cooperatives and companies. However, unregistered communities and private persons carrying on trade are not eligible for special subsidies.Application period ended: 08.06.2022
Subsidies are intended for art and cultural festivals that have national or regional significance.Application period ended: 02.11.2021
Operational subsidies are intended to support the ongoing operations of communities in different fields of the arts, such as associations, foundations, co-operatives and companies.Application period ended: 02.11.2021
Subsidies are intended to communities operating in region for individual projects in children’s and youth culture.Application period ended: 02.11.2021
Special Subsidies for Cultural Magazines are intended to strengthen cultural diversity.Application period ended: 02.11.2021
These subsidies are intended to support individual projects of communities in different fields of the arts, such as associations, foundations, co-operatives and companies.Application period ended: 02.11.2021
These subsidies are intended for communities. These subsidies shall support the accessibility and wellbeing effects of art and culture and participation and inclusion in art and culture.Application period ended: 02.11.2021
The subsidies are intended for communities. The objective of these subsidies is to promote inclusion and participation in culture, as well as intercultural dialogue.Application period ended: 02.11.2021