Public Display Grants
Call for applications
03.01.2022 - 31.01.2022
The deadline for submitting applications is 16:00 on the last day of the application period.
Grant applications may be submitted online during the application period.
The Arts Promotion Centre Finland (Taike) requires that applicants familiarise themselves with the call for applications before filling in the application.
Public display grants are intended for professional artists in the fields of the visual arts, photography, illustrations and comics, media art and design whose works may be displayed publicly. These grants are available to artists who reside or have resided permanently in Finland.
The Board for Public Display Grants to Visual Artists based on a proposal.
Public display grants are intended to support the creative work of professional artists in 2022. The grant period may not begin before 1 May 2022.
Public display grants are not available to applicants
- who have received a public display grant in the previous year
- who have received a State or other working grant for at least six months during the same year
- who have received a supplementary State artist pension
Public display grants are awarded as six-month working grants, and the amount of each grant is 12,000 euros. The grant includes a pension and accident insurance contribution in accordance with the applicable Farmers' Pensions Act (MYEL).
The Board for Public Display Grants to Visual Artists evaluates all applications. Factors that may influence the decision include the working plan and the applicant’s prior artistic activities. The following criteria are used to evaluate applications:
Previous artistic merits of the applicant
- Have the applicant’s works been displayed publicly?
- What is the impact and how interesting is the artistic production within the applicant’s field of the arts?
Quality of the working plan
- How clear and interesting is the working plan?
- How creative is the idea?
- How well-planned is the grant work (work schedule)?
- How feasible is the working plan?
Grant decisions are based on an overall evaluation and comparison of applications.
The regional distribution and language of applicants are taken into consideration, as is the amount of funding allocated for each artform. Equality and fair treatment are also taken into account.
All grants are discretionary.
What to include with your application
- Your artist CV – mandatory
- At least one image of a recent work – mandatory
- You can attach to your application 1-5 images of your work in a single PDF file (max. 4 Mb). Include the name of each work, the technique used, the size and the year.
- The maximum size of each file attachment is 4 Mb.
- Do not send files containing videos or other moving images as attachments. Instead, include in your application a link to your website.
Do not send attachments by e-mail. Applications and attachments will not be returned.
Additional terms and conditions
- Paid employment during the grant period is permitted.
- The grant recipient is obligated to pay the statutory pension insurance contribution in accordance with the applicable Farmers’ Pensions Act (MYEL), which covers also grant recipients. The premium percentage rate is 13-25% of the total amount of the grant. The amount of the insurance premium is based on the recipient’s age and computational annual earnings, as stipulated in the insurance decision. Further information about premiums is available on the website of the Farmers’ Social Insurance Institution Mela.
- The grant recipient must submit after the grant period written clarification of how the grant funds were used.
Grounds for not awarding a grant
- If the application arrives after the application deadline. Applications must arrive by 4:00 pm on the last day of the application period.
- If the application is incomplete (if the required information has not been delivered to Taike following a request for such information)
- If the applicant has not submitted written clarification of grants previously awarded by Taike before the given deadline.
This grant is subject to the Act on Compensation Grants to Visual Artists (115/1997) (only in Finnish), the Statute on Board for Public Display Grants to Visual Artists (828/2018), the Act (657/2012) and Statute (727/2012) on Taiteen edistämiskeskus (only in Finnish); the Act on Discretionary Government Transfers (688/2001), and the Administrative Procedure Act (434/2003). Taike monitors the use of grants.
How to apply
To log in you will need eBanking identifiers, a mobile certificate or an electronic ID card.
If you are unable to use our online services, please contact Taike’s customer service.
Notification of decision
All applicants will be notified of the decision in writing by the end of April. Applicants will be informed by e-mail when the decision can be accessed from our online services. If you do not receive the e-mail to your inbox, remember to check also your junk mail folder. Applicants are responsible for checking their e-mail messages on the address supplied in the application.
Decisions made by Taike are public. For example, the media has the right to receive information about grant recipients. However, you may prohibit the publication of your name on the Taike website. If you give permission for publication on the website and have indicated your artist name in the application, it will be published together with your official name.
t. 0295 330 700
Subsidies for communities
Subsidies are intended for art and cultural festivals that have national or regional significance.Application period: 03.10.2022 - 01.11.2022
Operational subsidies are intended to support the ongoing operations of communities in different fields of the arts, such as associations, foundations, co-operatives and companies.Application period: 03.10.2022 - 01.11.2022
Subsidies are intended to communities operating in region for individual projects in children’s and youth culture.Application period: 03.10.2022 - 01.11.2022
Special Subsidies for Cultural Magazines are intended to strengthen cultural diversity.Application period: 03.10.2022 - 01.11.2022
The subsidies are intended for communities. The objective of these subsidies is to promote inclusion and participation in culture, as well as intercultural dialogue.Application period: 03.10.2022 - 01.11.2022