Public Display Grants
Call for applications
02.01.2020 - 31.01.2020
The deadline for submitting applications is 16:00 on the last day of the application period.
Grant application during the above application period may be submitted online. Click on the link below to access the online service (the service is available in Finnish and in Swedish only). To log in you will require eBanking identifiers, a mobile certificate or an electronic ID card.
The Arts Promotion Centre Finland requires that applicants familiarise themselves with the call for applications and application guidelines before filling in the application.
What to include with your application
Additional terms and conditions
Grounds for not awarding a grant
Submitting applications by post
Notification of decision
Public display grants are intended for professional artists in the fields of the visual arts, media art and design whose works may be displayed publicly. These grants are available to artists who reside or have resided permanently in Finland.
The Board for Public Display Grants to Visual Artists based on a proposal.
Public display grants are intended to support the work of professional artists.
Public display grants are not available to applicants
- who have received a public display grant in the previous year
- who have received a State or other working grant during the same year
- who have received a supplementary State artist pension
- Public display grants are awarded as six-month working grants to be used during 2020
- The grant period may not begin before 1 May 2020
- The amount of the grant is approximately 11,400 euros
- The grant includes a pension and accident insurance contribution in accordance with the Farmers' Pensions Act
The Board for Public Display Grants to Visual Artists evaluates all applications. Grant decisions are based on an overall evaluation of applications. Factors that may influence the decision include the applicant’s prior artistic activities and the working plan, which should cover the entire grant period. The following criteria are used to evaluate applications:
Previous artistic merits of the applicant
- Is the applicant a professional?
- What is the quality of the applicant’s previous artistic works?
- How noteworthy is the applicant in his/her field of the arts?
Quality of the working plan
- How clear and strong is the artistic idea on which the working plan is based?
- How long-term, well-planned and feasible is the artistic work?
- Does the working plan involve professional development, new ideas or methods?
- Your artist CV – mandatory
- At least one image of a recent work – mandatory
- You can attach to your application 1-5 images of your work in a single PDF file (max. 4 Mb). Include the name of each work, the technique used, the size and the year. Do not send files containing videos or other moving images as attachments. Instead, include in your application a link to your website.
- The maximum size of each file attachment is 4 Mb.
- Do not send attachments by e-mail.
- Applications and attachments will not be returned.
The grant recipient must
- submit after the grant period written clarification of how the grant funds were used.
- take out pension and accident insurance. The insurance must be applied for within three months of the start of the grant period. Applications should be submitted to the Farmers' Social Insurance Institution Mela. Further information: www.mela.fi
The grant recipient may be employed during the grant period.
- If the application arrives after the application deadline – applications must arrive by 4:00 pm on the last day of the application period.
- If the application is incomplete (if the required information has not been delivered to the Arts Promotion Centre Finland following a request for such information)
- If the applicant has not submitted written clarification of grants previously awarded by the Arts Promotion Centre Finland before the given deadline.
This grant is subject to the Act on Compensation Grants to Visual Artists (115/1997) (only in Finnish), the Act (657/2012) and Statute (727/2012) on Taiteen edistämiskeskus (only in Finnish); the Act on Discretionary Government Transfers (688/2001), and the Administrative Procedure Act (434/2003). The Arts Promotion Centre Finland monitors the use of subsidies and is entitled if necessary to review the finances and activities of the recipient.
Grant applications can also be submitted by printing out the application form, filling it in and sending it by post to the Arts Promotion Centre Finland’s head office or a regional office. Applications must arrive by 4:00 pm on the last day of the application period.
Applications should be submitted either electronically or on paper (not both).
All applicants shall be informed of the decision in writing. You will be informed by e-mail when the decision can be accessed from our online services. If you do not receive the e-mail to your inbox, check also your junk mail folder. Applicants are responsible for checking their e-mail messages on the address supplied in the application. If you have submitted your application by post, the decision shall be posted to the address you supplied in your application.
t. 0295 330 700
Subsidies for communities
Erityisavustukset kulttuurilehdille on tarkoitettu vahvistamaan kulttuurista moninaisuutta, tiedonvälityksen monipuolisuutta ja moniarvoisuutta yhteiskunnassa.Application period ended: 31.10.2019
Subsidies are intended for operating costs and development projects of international artist-in-residencies in Finland.Application period ended: 31.10.2019
Special subsidies are intended for projects that promote community spirit and everyday creative activities and environments, as well as to support occupational wellbeing by means of culture and art.Application period ended: 31.10.2019
Subsidies are intended for art and cultural festivals that have national or regional significance.Application period ended: 31.10.2019
Operational subsidies are intended to support the ongoing operations of communities in different fields of the arts, such as associations, foundations, co-operatives and companies.Application period ended: 31.10.2019
Subsidies are intended to support the ongoing operations of communities in the field of the performing arts, such as associations, co-operatives and companiesApplication period ended: 31.10.2019
Subsidies are intended to communities operating in region for individual projects in children’s and youth culture.Application period ended: 31.10.2019
The subsidies are intended for communities. The objective of these subsidies is to promote inclusion and participation in culture, as well as intercultural dialogue.Application period ended: 31.10.2019
Subsidies for promoting the cultural activities of disability communities and the accessibility of cultureApplication period ended: 31.10.2019