Check the deadline on the call for applications. Applications must be received by Taike by 4pm on the last day of the application period. Applications that arrive after the deadline shall be deemed late and rejected.
Read the call for applications and guidelines carefully before logging to e-services. Check the year in which the grant is intended for use and draft your work plan accordingly. For example, applications for artist and project grants must be submitted the year before they are used, whereas regional grants and library grants can be applied for in the same year that they are used. Grants for special projects must be used in the year they are awarded or no later than during the following year.
Taike does not award multiple artist or other long-term working grants to the same recipient. Recipients of a supplementary artist pension may not receive artist, library or public display grants.
Please refer to Grants for individuals to see what grants are available.
How to apply for a grant
All Taike grants can be applied for electronically with our easy-to-use online services. Only paper applications are accepted for artist pensions. Applications that have already been submitted can also be supplemented online.
Our online services allow you to view calls for applications and all the applications that you have submitted. Applications should be submitted electronically before the end of the application period.
Select artform and region
Once you have selected the grant you wish to apply for, you can then fill in the application form. Begin by selecting the artform that corresponds to your application. If you are applying for a regional grant, select the region and artform that corresponds to your application.
How much to apply for
Apply for a realistic amount that is in a sensible proportion to the overall sum to be allocated. Previous grant decisions, including the amounts awarded, can be reviewed on the Taike website.
Arts councils do not award project grants amounting to less than 2500 euros.
The amount of working grants is calculated according to the monthly sum of artist grants. The amount of the grant may be rounded. The exact monthly sum for artist grants can be found under the section Information about artist grants.
The duration of artist grants varies from half a year to five years. In addition, some artist grants are awarded within certain artforms for up to ten years; these are intended for artists of exceptionally high merit (so-called artist professor grants).
The amount of library grants is from 4000 to 15,00 euros.
The amount of display grants for the visual arts is 10,400 euros.
What to include in the purpose of/work plan for the grant
- Write a clear work plan in the section called käyttötarkoitus (purpose) on the application form and summarise the main points.
- Explain why your project is good and feasible. Convince the decision-maker of your competence and expertise.
- Explain the value that your project would have within the artform and for society in general.
- Mention the exact time of project implementation.
- Ensure that your work plan covers all the applicable years if you are applying for a multi-year working grant (such as a state artist grant).
- Check that your plan gives concise answers to the questions what, how, when, where, why, who with, and who for!
What to include in the cost estimate (project grants)
- Prepare a project budget that includes a cost estimate and financing plan.
- Itemise clearly all the expected income (financing plan) and expenses (cost estimate), which must tally in the budget.
- Group expenses according to their purpose; the overall sum alone is not enough.
- Report any self-financing for the project, as well as other grants that have been applied for and awarded for the project, along with previously secured income.
- Indicate the overall project budget even if you only apply for partial funding. This will give the decision-maker an overall picture of your project.
If you are applying for a project grant to cover only the cost of labour, estimate the amount of the project grant on the basis of the monthly sum of an artist grant (approximately 1900 euros).
When applying as a work group
- The application should be filled in by the contact person for the work group and include the names and dates of birth of the other group members.
- The contact person should include with the application a brief description of the artistic activities of all members of the group.
- Each member of the group is responsible for how the grant is used and reported. The contact person is responsible for submitting clarification before the deadline.
- Artist grants, working grants, library grants and public display grants are not awarded to work groups.
What to include with your application
- A copy of your CV is mandatory. When applying for a grant as a working group, a summary of the CVs of all members must be included.
- When applying for a grant for mobility in the arts, a copy of the invitation or confirmation from the foreign collaboration partner or confirmation of acceptance to an artist residence abroad must be included.
- In addition, you may also include up to two attachments that are relevant to your application. The file names should describe the content.
- The maximum permitted file size for each attachment is 4 Mb.
- Visual arts applicants should include 1 to 5 photos of their works in pdf format (max. 4 Mb each). Details should be provided about the name, technique, size and year of each work. Files containing videos or other moving images should not be sent as attachments; instead, include a link to the artist's webite.
Attachments should not be sent by e-mail. Applications and attachments will not be returned.
Making changes to your application after it has been submitted
- If your project is cancelled or changes significantly after you have submitted your application, you can cancel or make changes to the application using Taike's electronic services.
- Also notify us if, after submitting your application, you receive information about other grants that you have applied for concerning the same project.
- Applications can also be supplemented with additional information within two weeks by clicking on the “Täydennä” link, after which the link will be deactivated. Please contact Taike's customer service for more information.
Notification of decision
- You will receive notification by e-mail once the decision is available online. Remember to check your junk mail folder. As the applicant you are responsible for checking your e-mail using the address you included with your application.