Public Art Advisory Services
The Arts Promotion Centre Finland’s Public Art Advisory Services support new art projects and public art development projects. The team comprises three special advisors whose aim is to strengthen the share of art projects in the development of the built environment and a commitment to the Percent for Art principle. Our partners include actors in both the public and private sectors.
- To support the implementation of new Percent for Art projects
- To strengthen the high quality of Percent for Art projects
- To support the use of art in building good environments
- To make Percent for Art activities systematic and continuous throughout Finland
- Providing assistance to municipalities and regional museums for building public art strategies and structures
- Providing assistance to property developers for planning art acquisitions as part of their construction projects
- Providing assistance to art buyers, designers and artists for finding new partners for art projects in the built environment
- Providing assistance to public authorities for strengthening strategic work to bring together art and the built environment
- Sharing good practices (incl. agreement practices, procurement practices, guidelines, programme models)
- Participating in networks connecting different art sectors in the built environment
- Strengthening public art communications and media visibility
In addition, we award subsidies to new projects and development projects.
- Henri Terho focuses on networks and strengthening good operating models. Henri has helped launch several public art programmes and strategies, and he serves as a link between public authorities.
- Maija Kasvinen specialises in new public art forms, opportunities and innovations. Maija is an experienced public art curator who has worked in several art museums and galleries.
- Mari Kemppinen is an expert in the practical structures that connect art to construction projects. Mari has a wealth of experience in art coordination practices in the construction industry and in cross-sectoral professional cooperation.