Information about special subsidies for “Percent for Art” projects
These special subsidies are intended for communities that procure works of art for their construction projects.
The subsidy may be used
- to cover the direct costs of procuring works of art
- in accordance with the “Percent for Art” principle for development projects beginning in the year in which the subsidy is awarded.
- These projects may involve new buildings, buildings undergoing renovation or infrastructure projects.
The subsidy may be used to cover the following types of expenses, for example:
- Artist fees
- Expert fees
- Material costs
- Foundation costs
- Lighting costs
- Competition costs and planning costs
- Preparation and implementation of public art programs and art plans for construction projects
- Maintenance and repair of works of art procured in accordance with the “Percent for Art” principle
- Development project costs
The subsidy may cover a maximum of 50 percent of the project’s eligible expenses, which are direct costs related to works of art or the costs of the development project. The minimum amount of each subsidy is 15,000 euros.