Public Art Advisory Services
Our public art advisory services promote public art in Finland. Contact us and we will be glad to help in any questions regarding the production, commissioning and funding of public art.
We also award subsidies to new projects and development projects. Open calls for applications can be found on our subsidies pages.
Our objectives are:
- To support the implementation of new “Percent for Art” projects
- To strengthen the high quality of “Percent for Art” projects
- To support the use of art in building good environments
- To make “Percent for Art” activities systematic and continuous throughout Finland
We provide assistance:
- To municipalities and regional museums for building public art strategies and structures
- To property developers for planning art acquisitions as part of their construction projects
- To art commissioners, designers and artists for finding new partners for art projects in the built environment
- To public authorities for strengthening strategic work to bring together art and the built environment
In addition, our services include sharing good practices (including agreement practices, procurement practices, guidelines, programme models), participating in networks connecting different art sectors in the built environment, and strengthening public art communications and media visibility.