Information about festival subsidies
Festival subsidies support the organisation of art and culture festivals in Finland. The festival must be well established (organised at least 3 times in the past).
Festival subsidies are awarded as operational subsidies to support the operations or part of the operations of the community organising the festival.
- Support the livelihood and employment of artists
- Diversify the conditions for performing artistic and other creative work
- Renew and develop the contents and structures of operations
- Promote the availability and accessibility of art and culture nationwide
- Support the long-term development of communities
Festival subsidies may cover only a portion of the total funding of operations and not all expenses. The amount of the subsidy combined with other State support may not exceed the total amount of eligible expenses (100%).
The call for applications in 2022 is for one-year and three-year festival subsidies. The minimum amount of each one-year subsidy is 10,000 euros. One-year festival subsides awarded by Taike may cover no more than 80% of eligible operational expenses. The minimum amount of each three-year subsidy is 30,000 euros. Three-year festival subsides awarded by Taike may cover no more than 60% of eligible operational expenses.
Festival subsidies are not awarded:
- For children’s culture festivals, which can apply for Taike subsidies intended for children’s culture
- For nationally or internationally significant and established art and culture festivals, which can apply for support from the Ministry of Education and Culture
- Film festivals, for can apply for support the Finnish Film Foundation
- Communities that receive other operational subsidies from the Ministry of Education and Culture or Taike are not eligible for festival subsidies; instead, they can apply for support for organising a festival as part of an operational subsidy.