Information about subsidies for promoting inclusion and cultural wellbeing
These subsidies are intended for registered communities, such as associations, cooperatives and companies. Organisations run by municipalities and foundations, as well as disability organisations, may also apply.
- promote the livelihoods and employment of artists
- promote cultural wellbeing and inclusion in the arts and culture
- promote involvement in culture and the arts nationally
- develop cultural wellbeing contents, as well as the structures and evaluation of activities.
These subsidies shall support:
- cultural wellbeing projects and activities
- the employment of artists, including those who require special support
- participation and inclusion in the arts and culture
- actors who promote involvement in culture and the arts.
These subsidies are not awarded for:
- Recreational activities (e.g. outings, festivities)
These subsidies may be granted either as operational subsidies or as special subsidies. Operational subsidies are granted to cover a community’s basic operating costs or a specific area of operations. Special subsidies are granted to support specific projects. Subsidies applied for in order to cover operations may be awarded in the form of a special subsidy for a specific project in the operating plan. Taike shall decide whether the subsidy is awarded as an operational subsidy or as a special subsidy on the basis of the application.
The minimum amount of each operational subsidy is 10,000 euros. Smaller amounts are awarded as a special subsidy for a project or projects. The minimum amount of each special subsidy is 5000 euros.
Operational subsidies awarded by Taike may cover a maximum of 80% of the total amount of eligible expenses. In addition, the amount of the subsidy combined with other State support may not exceed the total amount of eligible expenses (100%).
Operational subsidies can be awarded to communities that have been operating as a registered community for at least three years and that carry out regular year-round operations.